Thursday, November 30, 2006

November books

Due to my friend Heidi's blog of books she is going to read, I decided to do the same to motivate me to read books that I enjoy. I've read mostly pregnancy and baby-raising books in the past year and a half and would like to expand my recent repertoire.

My list of books to read in the next few weeks/months:

The Wonderful World of Boys by Dr. James Dobson

This is a wonderful, photograph-filled, hardcover book about raising boys and enjoying the challenges, laughter, and joy they bring. So many stories I've chuckled at and quotations I've written down for scrapbooking. I've enjoyed seeing the photographs and have new ideas for ways to photograph children.


The Mitford Series by Jane Karon These great moral books are about a fictional small-town where an Episcopal priest shares his view of the town and those that dwell in and around the mountain setting, all the while ministering to their souls.

I've previously read At Home in Mitford and A Light in the Window. I read this week The Mitford Snowmen and hope to read the others that follow: These High, Green Hills, Out to Canaan, A New Song, and A Common Life.


The House of Winslow Series by Gilbert Morris
I read many of these in high school and college, and of course more have been written since then... A good set of Christian books, all historical fiction, but are based on a family who came to America and were woven into the history of our great country. Takes American history into a whole new realm...

I've read the first 17 books and am excited to read The Rough Rider, The Iron Lady, The Silver Star, and the 20 books that follow...

No comments: