"Janette Oke, A Heart for the Prairie" is the book I just finished reading for fun. I read Janette's books when I was in middle and high school and loved the simple prairie life depicted in her Christian fiction books.
I especially liked the Love Comes Softly series, which portrays the prairie life of one family and their children's lives as they become adults on the prairie, or move elsewhere in search of their dreams.
The book about her life gives a lot of biographical information about her family's heritage and their travels back and forth between the United States and Canada. However there is a great deal of her childhood, young adult life, and life as a wife and mother written into this biography of sorts. Her daughter Laurel Oke Logan is the author. An interesting book since I've been doing lots of ancestry research recently, but nothing like the descriptive way she writes her own stories; it's in some ways boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment