Saturday, August 15, 2009

This morning I attended the MSP Quilting Angels with my aunt; we took a while to find fabric (the amount of fabric they have, all donated, is amazing) and then I started hunting for a pattern. They had some printed pages with patterns and directions. Having only made two quilts, and those with help, I wanted to do something simple to get started; I'm not doing their pattern-of-the-month. I found something I liked and seems easy for me to follow. I hope to work on it here and there and have something to show in a month when they meet again. I only got the strips ironed and cut.

My next step is to wash one of the fabrics (the rest were already washed) and then cut that one. Then the piecing begins! Woohoo! My first solo quilt is in the works!

I really like the idea of using donated fabric, working on it here and there as I'm able, and then giving it to a child or soldier. What a great way to do quilting! It will give me practice too :)

No comments: