Monday, October 26, 2009

I decided after reading several posts about baking days on Money Saving Mom that I should try a baking day!

What great success last Wednesday! I didn't get to everything on the list, but I felt I accomplished a GREAT deal and was oh so proud of all that I did in one day! I like the idea that I can make wholesome food for my family, have it be relatively fresh (even from the freezer in the next month) and that it's cost-effective.


mini chocolate chip banana bread (one went to work with my hubby and was gone in one hour)




whole wheat waffles (like 20 nine" waffles....at least 5 breakfasts for us!)






sausage stuffed pork chops... one of De's favorite dinners





whole wheat bread baking on the floor (ran out of counter space!)


I'm thinking I'll have a baking day once a month or so... depends on the boys and how cooperative they are...

No comments: