Laura @ Heavenly Homemakers posted this from the author of Creative Correction which I read a while back. It is a difficult thing to balance, or in many cases juggle, our priorities. But one thing I have realized is that I need to make priorities and stick with them. I can not let other things get in the way of the main 3:
1. God
2. husband
3. my children
It's after these three that I can place time with friends, hobbies, leasure. At times I think I deserve time alone (say for instance, naptime). And yet, that's not always what's best at this season of life. Sometimes I need a nap. Othertimes I should prepare dinner so that I can play with my children when they awaken and can just slide dinner in the oven rather that ignore them while cooking. Or I need to spend that quiet time as my Quiet Time alone with God. Checking email and reading books have a place in life, but it doesn't need to be every spare moment.
4. teaching/training
5. food (purchasing & preparation)
6. household chores
These items sometimes get out of place as well. I have been known to put them in different orders. Not for anyone's benefit. I need to focus and stay content with this season of young children. It won't be here for long!
No comments:
Post a Comment