Wednesday, December 08, 2010

.Satisfying.
I have taken the time to do some sewing [after Thanksgiving] and really enjoyed accomplishing some tasks that I have had in mind, had bought the materials for, and just haven't taken the time to make.

Like covering three floral pillows for a certain four year old's bunk bed. It's about time! He was so pleased. thrilled. I got a huge hug and a "Thank you so much, Mommy!" Well worth the time it took. Oh, and I think waiting paid off in another way. In all my time spent doing other things, I learned a simple way to sew on a zipper and then attach the pieces of fabric together. MUCH nicer to look at when you are finished your sewing project.

I also recovered some really worn potholders [whose fabric I could have cared less about] which now I just love :)

And I learned how to use a tiny, thin [dry] bar of soap to mark where you want to sew in order to clearly see the design you want to stitch---it worked beautifully here on this black fabric. I'm hoping to put it to use again when I am finished taking out the quilting on a Spider Man quilt that is way too something. Much. Am hoping for some snowy Saturdays to work on fixing that fiasco!

No comments: