Friday, January 21, 2011

Dinosaurs. This has been the year of trains and dinosaurs... one for each boy; each tolerating and playing with the other at times [am I speaking of boys tolerating each other or boys tolerating the other's toy of choice? Hmmm.]

I finally made the wall-hanging for Billy's room. It took me a while to decide, draw out, erase, redo, and then cut out a completely different way than I had last planned, but I think it looks great, and Billy likes it---and THAT is what matters!

So here it is in progress and finished, hanging on the wall.

I learned in seeing this finished and hanging, that when making a wall hanging it's good to think about the space where you want to hang it, and a good idea to have an idea of the actual size of that space, so that it fits the space well. This is my second wall hanging and I am still learning, obviously, as this looks too small for the space it was to occupy.

I like the zig-zag "teeth" quilting on the leaf border...

No comments: