101 Things Every Kid Should Do Growing Up
This was an interesting title I saw while quickly browsing the shelves of our wonderful library while my toddler was attempting to run away from me and soar through the adult section of the library, not making too much noise, but gleefully laughing, using his toddler gallop as he artfully got away from Mommy.
I swiped it off the shelf and bolted after my boy, who had gotten quite far in the 3 seconds I took to swipe the book and move towards him... down the long row and was rounding the corner.
Anyway, there were your typical ideas for blowing bubbles, going to the zoo, playing outside all day long in the summer, etc.
There were also some ideas that jogged my memory of things I did as a child which I had forgotten about, but had thoroughly enjoyed, like camping out in the backyard, scavenger hunts, and family car trips (ok, you don't really forget family car trips, but it brought back memories).
The things I thought to be the best ideas were these: nighttime moonlit hike(taking along flashlights or lantern, just-in-case/for safety), a yearly pajama ride (get the kids out of bed--SURPRISE!, and staying in their pajamas, go get ice cream or smoothies and enjoy being out together as a family--you could get into pajamas too, if you are a fun-loving parent and have appropriate pajamas for social occasions) and a get better box (fill a box with fun things to do while not feeling well and sitting in bed: a special pilllowcase, muffin tin with healthy snacks in each compartment, chenille stems and pony beads, dry-erase board and markers, roll of tape--just to play with, fun socks, puppets, stickers, activity books, playing cards, etc ).
No comments:
Post a Comment