I will list some of my favorite sections of text that I underlined and then starred as I was reading [stars are reserved for only the most helpful, applicable, personal aspects of the text].
- But having been exposed to the knowledge of the truth, we must then choose whether to believe the truth about God, which He has revealed to us, or whether to follow our feelings. If we are to trust God, we must choose to believe His truth. We must say, "I will trust you even though I don't feel like doing so."
- Trust is not a passive state of mind. It is a vigorous act of the soul by which we choose to lay hold of the promises of God and cling to them despite the adversity that at times seems to overwhelm us.
- We must not only pray for His overruling providence in our lives as David did, but we must also pray for wisdom to rightly understand our circumstances and use the means God has given us.
- You are the result of the attentive, careful, thoughtful, intimate, detailed, creative work of God. Your personality, your sex, your height, your features are what they are because God made them precisely that way. He made you the way He did because that is the way he wants you to be... If God had wanted you to be basically and creatively different he would have made you differently. Your genes and chromosomes and creaturely distinctives--even the shape of your nose and ears--are what they are by God's design.
No comments:
Post a Comment