So, I have finally finished a project I started over a year ago. It was one of those I-just-saw-a-tutorial-on-how-to-make-that-so-I'll-try-it" types, only it was with leather instead of regular fabric. I have learned a very important lesson: I DO NOT LIKE SEWING LEATHER. I think this is the only way I could have learned this though. I broke at least three needles. I might have said some words I shouldn't have. I pushed the project off to the side numerous times. I didn't want to continue working on it for months on end, not having the correct solution for closing it. I hemmed and hawed. [Or thought and thought.] And I think I came up with a good-enough solution. If it is used at all, we'll see if it holds up.
But, the project is finished, it is sort-of what it was to be (in my mind), and so it's a success?!
I'm just SO GLAD to be done with it. I really like the lining. So glad I have more of that fabric to make other things with :) And this next go 'round won't have any leather! Promise!
1 comment:
Pictures? What kind of needle do you use for sewing leather? I stay away from any thick fabric! I don't know a lot about sewing in the first place.
If you like looking at crafting ideas, you might want to look up my blogger friend at These Northern Skies. Link is on my blog. She is SOOOOO crafty.
Post a Comment